Ground turkey is one of my favorite proteins to use because its such a quick dinner. I typically always use turkey to make tacos, but decided to switch it up! This recipe for Asian lettuce wraps is quick and delicious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 lb ground turkey extra lean
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Huy Fong sriracha hot chili sauce
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- green onions optional
- chopped peanuts optional
- Brown ground turkey over medium high heat in large saute pan. Breakup meat and stir occasionally while browning.
- Add carrots, garlic, mushrooms, and water chestnuts to browned ground turkey. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, and rice wine vinegar in small bowl. Add sauce to ground turkey and vegetables. Stir well and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce cups. Top with sliced green onions and crushed peanuts if desired.