If you could pick a favorite food, what would it be? One that tops my list is nachos. But sadly, since tortilla chips are a main ingredient of nachos, the starch factor is hard to avoid. UNTIL NOW!!
I actually got this idea from one of my patients. Turkey pepperoni as chips. Genius!!! Just pop those babies in the microwave on a paper towel for a few minutes and you have crispy, high protein crisps.
If you are a nacho lover, as I am, then I think you will enjoy this! Additional toppings could be jalapenos, black olives, plain greek yogurt, salsa, or black beans.
What toppings would you use?
|Prep Time||2-3 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 10 slices Turkey Pepperoni
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1/8 cup 2% cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/8 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/8 avocado sliced
- green onions diced, if desired
- salt if desired
- black pepper if desired
- Slice chicken breast into one inch cubes. Cook over medium heat until cooked through. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Place paper towel on microwave safe plate and add turkey pepperoni in single layer. Microwave 1.5-2 minutes (until crispy).
- Layer cooked chicken on top of pepperoni crisps.
- Top with shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions.