Let’s talk about breakfast. I love it! But unfortunately I find myself eating eggs a lot and I’m getting a little tired of them. I was trying to think of high protein breakfast foods that weren’t the same old cooked eggs. Tofu is perfect in this situation! Now, I know tofu is thought of as boring and people think it’s just a lame (or gross) alternative to meat, but get excited because this recipe for tofu scramble is delicious.
The great thing about tofu is that it hardly has any flavor on it’s own which makes it super versatile. This tofu scramble has a ton of flavor and will keep you full for a good amount of time.
This recipe is considered vegan as well as vegetarian because it contains no animal products at all.
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup kale
- block Azumaya Firm Tofu
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 slice avocado if desired
- Dice onion, red bell pepper, and garlic.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a large skillet and add the onions and peppers. Saute until soft.
- Add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Stir in kale greens, cover and steam until the greens wilt.
- Put the tofu in a bowl, add the soy sauce, and mash with a fork until no large chunks are left.
- Uncover the skillet, increase the heat to high, and add the scrambled tofu. Stir and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Flip the tofu mixture and let it sit another 3-4 minutes. Once your tofu begins to brown, it’s ready.
- Serve with a slice of avocado if desired.