Some people do meatless Mondays. But not us. We do either meatball Monday or meatloaf Monday. Veggies are welcome of course, but there is always a protein there. This week we tried out a new meatloaf….spinach feta meatloaf. It was a hit and I will definitely be cycling it into our rotation.
I really enjoyed the different flavor and texture of the spinach feta meatloaf. The feta is distinctive in this dish but it is not overpowering.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||25 minutes|
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash spinach. Heat skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Add spinach and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently until spinach wilts. Remove the skillet from heat and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of meat mixture into each muffin cup and press flat with back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a spinach salad on the side.