I hosted a baby shower for a dear friend this weekend. It turned out to be a wonderful day and celebration for her new family. But, when it comes to baby showers, bridal showers, or a plain old “I just want to see my friends” party, finding food that fits into your diet plan can be tough. That’s why, for this shower, I offered to do the food and decorations. Since I was in charge, I could make sure there was some healthy and protein rich…amazing!
Baby Shower Menu:
Chicken Salad Cucumber Sliders
One of the great things about this menu is the simplicity of it. For the caprese kabobs do the following:
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella balls you can buy them this way
- yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- Alternate cheese, cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves on a wooden skewer. Serve and enjoy. THAT'S IT!
- Fruit salad can be a mixture of any fruit you want. No need to add sugar, jello or anything else...fresh fruit and a knife is all you need!
- And do you remember the Fiesta Chicken Salad...just slice up some cucumbers, scoop on a helping of chicken salad and serve as little sliders.
So, go have fun with your friends...just offer to be in charge of food! 🙂