Who says your meals have to be boring?!?! Healthy food can taste great, but great tasting healthy food is even better when it’s easy to prepare. I made Bacon Wrapped Pork last night for my family. Everyone (the 3 and 5 year olds included) loved it! I served it with a side of steamed broccoli (PictSweet frozen steamers).
First I cut my pork tenderloin into 1.5-2″ thick medallions, then I wrapped the medallions with fully cooked bacon (this makes it less greasy). To cut back on the fat, you could also use turkey bacon here. Wooden toothpicks work great to secure the bacon. You could easily use a grill or skillet for this recipe.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- Pork tenderloin cut into 1.5" thick medallions
- 12 slices bacon fully cooked
- 3 tbsp Grill Mates backyard brick oven seasoning
- Heat skillet/grill to medium-high heat. Cut pork tenderloin into 1.5" medallions.
- Wrap bacon slices around each medallion and secure with a toothpick. You will need approximately 1-2 slices bacon per medallion.
- Sprinkle seasoning on each side of the medallions.
- Cook meat for 5 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes or until done (145 degrees).