My name is Cachét and I am a dietetic intern. I was amazed when I first saw that I could have stir fry without rice but I was floored when I tasted it. Just like I bought if from the restaurant. This recipe for cauliflower stir fry is an extended version of the recipe from Skinnyms.com.
I am adding shrimp to this recipe but you can add whatever protein you desire i.e. steak strips, chicken or tofu. Fill this cauliflower stir fry with as many vegetables as you like and enjoy!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 lb frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower trimmed and florets separated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp lite soy sauce
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until a rice consistency. Chop onion into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent, then add shrimp, water, and frozen vegetables. Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stir occasionally.
- Add red pepper flakes and garlic to skillet. Saute for additional minute.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables to a bowl for later use. Add riced cauliflower to the skillet with leftover juice from shrimp mixture.
- Cook the cauliflower rice for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make a hole in the cauliflower and add egg. Scramble and combine with cauliflower.
- Add the shrimp and vegetable mixture, black pepper, and soy sauce to skillet with cauliflower. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.