We have eggs a lot at my house. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Scrambled, boiled, baked. Doesn’t matter. But I’m a creature of habit…eating the same dishes frequently does not bother me much. Mr. A, though…he needs variety. So after making pepperoni eggs for the millionth time, he asked for something a little different. Since a little variety never hurt anyone, I tried to come up with something that would be just as easy to make….and just a good.
Ham, Spinach, and Mozza Casserole
This dish is a cinch to make. And it is easy to warm up for leftovers. Win, win in my book!
- 3/4 cup white onion chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup ham cubed
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella shredded
- 1 dz eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup 2% colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop onion into fine pieces.
- Tear or roughly chop spinach.
- Cut ham into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add spinach and onions to a hot skillet and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent and the spinach is wilted.
- Layer the cooked onions and spinach on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish. Then layer ham on top of the veggies
- Add a layer of skim mozzarella cheese on top of the ham.
- Whisk one dozen eggs together.
- Pour eggs into the baking dish and sprinkle with 2% colby jack cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Enjoy with cherry tomatoes or sliced cucumbers.