When it comes to vegetables, peppers and onions will always be some of my favorites. I know I’m not alone! But there are times when we need a little variety outside of my typical chicken fajita bowls. Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps come together fast and has little prep work, so it is great to whip up in a hurry.
Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps
I have used butter lettuce as the wrap. It is a little bit crunchy, stronger than romaine and has a mild flavor. Worked out perfectly! What is your favorite lettuce to use in a wrap?
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 lb deli roast beef thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4 slices 2% provolone cheese
- non-stick spray
- Thinly slice bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms .
- Spray large skillet with non-stick spray. Cook vegetables over medium heat until tender (~5 minutes).
- Add roast beef to pan. Cook until heated through.
- Top with provolone cheese and allow to melt.
- Separate lettuce leaves. Place beef and vegetable mixture into whole leaf. Serve immediately.