I think breakfast is one of those things that you either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. But sometimes it is hard to find variety with the meal…especially when traditional Western “breakfast foods” are full of starches. No toast, pancakes, cereals, or oatmeal for this girl. So what’s left??? I’ll tell you what’s left…an abundance of ingredients just waiting to start your day off right!
I tried my hand at a broccoli frittata for the first time this weekend. I’m so glad I did because it was delicious! Plus, it’s fun to say frittata…frittata, frittata, frittata! Sorry, I’m done now.
Now, a traditional frittata is made in a skillet on the stove. But I was batch cooking and all of my stove burners were occupied, so I baked it instead. Maybe it is more of a casserole than a frittata now?? Oh well….
This morning I topped it with some fresh salsa. How would you top yours??
- 1 cup broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2% shredded sharp cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crack eggs into a bowl along with the cottage cheese and whisk together.
- Sprinkle in desired amount of salt and pepper
- Pour into an 8x8 baking dish
- Then add the broccoli and onion to dish. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake until center is set (about 15-20 minutes).