If you are new to our blog, you might not realize how much I love slow cooker meals. No matter how much I enjoy cooking, quality time with Mr. A is so much better outside of the kitchen (apparently I don’t cook well with others). So evenings are cherished in my home. We love to take our pups for a walk, take our mountain bikes to a favorite trail for a ride, or catch up on The Walking Dead. But huge, elaborate meals can interfere with all of those activities. Enter- slow cooker. Today we are making Chicken Enchilada Soup.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 hours|
|Passive Time||4 hours|
- 1 cup white onions
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Frontera Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- Chop onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Add chopped veggies, chicken breast, and fire roasted tomatoes to slow cooker. Add chicken broth and enchilada sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.