So apparently it has been the month of chili/slow cooker recipes. I didn’t realize it until now, but this month I have posted a Harvest Chili and French Canadian Boiled Dinner. So let’s just round out the month with Shrimp Chili. December is a great time for these types of recipes anyway, right?! I mean, it’s cold and dark…perfect for a steamy little meal with a fire in the background. 🙂
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 white onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Tapatio or other hot sauce
- 2-3 lbs raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Chop onions and pepper.
- Add olive oil, white onion, and poblano pepper to a large saucepan. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, cumin, chili powder, and hot sauce to pan. Mix well and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp to saucepan, stir and simmer for additional 15 minutes. Shrimp are cooked when they are opaque and pink in color.