With this cold weather approaching, I am all about good ol’ comfort food. Now I know many of us think of a nice hot bowl soup during this time, I definitely do too. However, I have a confession to make. A nice, warm philly cheese steak is my guilty pleasure. No matter where I am in Oklahoma or even on vacation, that is what I look for every time. I have tried multiple low carb recipes for this classic sandwich and would like to share one of my favorites! Say goodbye to the soggy bread and hello to philly stuffed bell peppers! Fork and knife required only if you do not want to get messy :).
- 3 Green Bell Peppers Halved
- 1/2 yellow onioin Diced
- 8 oz mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Slices or Shredded Cheese (whatever kind you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- Start by halving and coring each bell pepper and dicing up half of the yellow onion.
- Brown ground turkey with sliced mushroom and onions until ground turkey is completely cooked.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. (I even added some cayenne for a little kick)
- Spoon out ground turkey mixture into each half of the bell peppers. Top with cheese and place in oven.
- Cook bell peppers for 25 minutes. Remove when finished and enjoy :).