Sauteed Green Beans. You might be thinking, “Is this the end to soggy green beans?!” Well, I’m here to tell you that soggy beans are a part of your past and sauteed green beans are the future. I won’t tell you that this is similar to a green bean casserole, because it’s not. But I will tell you that I think it’s better. You can actually taste the green beans!
Let’s dive in…
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 cups green beans fresh, or frozen
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 slice bacon chopped (optional)
- First, chop the onion. If you are going to add bacon to the recipe, you will want to chop it now as well. Pour olive oil into skillet and place over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon (it's okay if you don't want to use bacon).You want to saute the onion until it is translucent.
- Then add the green beans and slivered almonds to the skillet. Cook until green beans are tender and bright in color (about 6-8 minutes).
- Serve them up hot and enjoy the praise of non-soggy beans.