With record breaking temps outside, I have been neglecting my oven. Already! And it’s only May. I love my oven, but it is gas as is my stove top. That makes for a crazy hot kitchen when both are fired up. So what’s a girl to do? Well, that’s how this apple cabbage slaw was born. It is great on top of a grilled pork chop or chicken breast.
- 1 head cabbage shredded
- 1 jonagold apple thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Brianna's Creamy Balsamic dressing
- 1 tsp splenda
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- salt if desired
- Shred cabbage into thin strips and thinly slice the apple and bell pepper. Toss together in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the dressing, splenda, cilantro, and salt. Stir well.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and toss until well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready for use.