It’s the Monday after a holiday weekend and I totally wish I had another day off! If you missed the 4th of July Menu post, then check it out here for your future cookouts this month! So, how was your holiday weekend?
Any cookout catastrophes? Swimming shenanigans? Firework fiascoes? Mine was fairly uneventful except that I lost my sister to the city of Houston (Texas is so lucky).
Since I had an extra long holiday weekend, I knew it would be more difficult to get back into my regular work routine. Waking up early to fix breakfast on Monday morning after 4 days off?!?! Forget about it!
That’s where preparing a few meals ahead of time saves my hide. Plus Breakfast Stir Fry is ridiculously good reheated.
Enjoy this version of my Breakfast Stir Fry. ~Lauren
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 jalepeno seeded, chopped (if desired)
- 5 oz deli ham/turkey chopped
- 3/4 cup 2% sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 eggs whisked
- fresh cilantro if desired
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray (Pam) and place over medium high heat. Add chopped pepper, onion, cauliflower, mushrooms, and jalapeno. Stir frequently until just softened (about 3-4 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium. Add deli meat and stir
- Crack eggs into bowl and whisk until yolks and whites combine. Add to skillet. Stir frequently and cook until eggs are softly scrambled.
- Add cheddar cheese and remove skillet from heat. Stir cheese into stir fry and let melt.
- Plate while hot and garnish with fresh cilantro.