Looking for a lower-calorie, veggie-rific alternative to your usual hummus? This roasted cauliflower version delivers classic hummus flavor and rich, creamy texture—not to mention a bonus serving of non-starchy veggies! Cauliflower is bursting with vitamin C, a nutrient that helps your body heal from injuries and infections.
- 1 head cauliflower large, chopped
- cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- up to 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika + more to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread cauliflower over parchment paper in a single layer. Spray cauliflower with cooking oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower for 20-25 minutes, until some pieces start to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine cauliflower, tahini, lemon juice, and paprika in food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil and process again. Check consistency. Continue adding olive oil and processing until you reach the desired consistency.
- Garnish with paprika and serve with sliced veggie(s) of your choice.