If you could pick a favorite food, what would it be? One that tops my list is nachos. But sadly, since tortilla chips are a main ingredient of nachos, the starch factor is hard to avoid. UNTIL NOW!!
Well, I actually got this idea from one of my patients. Turkey pepperoni as chips. Genius!!! Just pop those babies in the microwave on a paper towel for a few minutes and you have crispy, high protein crisps. Read on for the full recipe for Chicken Nachos.
If you are a nacho lover, as I am, then I think you will enjoy this! You can also make these pepperoni crisps to use with salsa. So yummy! Enjoy, Lauren 🙂
- 10 slices Turkey Pepperoni
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast one-inch cubes
- 1/8 cup 2% cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/8 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/8 avocado
- green onions diced, if desired
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook cubed grilled chicken until no longer pink in middle. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired
- Place paper towel on microwave safe plate and add turkey pepperoni in single layer. Microwave for 2 minutes. If not crispy, return to microwave for additional 30 seconds.
- When chicken is cooked through, layer chicken on top of pepperoni crisps
- Top with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions.