Alright guys…my family and I were on an egg kick this weekend! We LOVE eggs! We eat them for breakfast, for lunch & for dinner. They’re a great source of protein & vitamins and they fit well into our budget. I also like that I can make eggs a zillion different ways.
It’s taken me years to figure out how to make perfect hardboiled eggs. The key is to not overcook the eggs and to also rapidly chill the eggs once they’re cooked. This will prevent the green around the yolk.
As with any of our recipe posts, don’t be afraid to change it up a bit. Instead of eating just hardboiled eggs, try adding these things for deviled eggs or egg salad: turkey bacon crumbles & sliced cherry tomatoes or use avocado instead of mayo for the yolks.
- Place eggs in medium size sauce pan and add water to cover eggs.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove lid and drain hot water from pan. Add cool water and ice cubes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel and eat or store in refrigerator.