Once I had the perfect hardboiled egg, my kids begged me to make egg salad for lunch. I ate mine over a bed of spinach. I like to keep my egg salad simple…nothing fancy….basically almost exactly how I make my deviled eggs.
Once my eggs were chilled, I peeled the shell off, sliced them up, added a few simple ingredients (olive oil mayo, mustard, sweet relish and salt & pepper), mixed well and lunch was served!
|Prep Time||0 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayo
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp dill pickle relish
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Add eggs to medium sauce pan and add water to cover eggs.
- Bring water to boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, drain hot water from pan. Add cool water and ice to cool eggs. Let stand until eggs are cool to the touch (~3-5 minutes).
- Peel eggs, then quarter and add entire egg to bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Serve over bed of spinach or eat alone.