We are smack dab in the middle of holiday season! For me (and I’m sure you), that means last minute shopping trips, deep cleaning for family visits, packing for travel…all of this on top of the everyday stuff! Phew- I’m exhausted- aren’t you? It’s this time of year when eating out can get the best of you. Cooking at home on top of everything else can take the back burner. That’s where your slow cooker saves the day. With some of these staple ingredients on hand for Salsa Verde Chicken- dinner will be cooking while you are shopping!
Salsa Verde Chicken
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 hours|
|Passive Time||8 hours|
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz salsa verde
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 can canellini beans drained
- shredded cheese if desired
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Chop fresh cilantro and green chilies.
- Place chicken in slow cooker with taco seasoning, salsa, and green chilies.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to slow cooker.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, and beans. Cover and cook for additional 15-30 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and additional cilantro, if desired.