If you are looking for more ways to incorporate vegetables into your diet, this veggie chili is for you! This vegetarian chili especially delicious. It has black beans, red kidney beans, tomatoes, a ton of vegetables, and spice which makes it flavorful yet easy to make. This veggie chili is very flexible. You can add more or less of any of the vegetables or beans. This vegetarian chili is the perfect bowl of comfort food that you can eat guilt-free!
– Remember that protein should be the main component to your meal after bariatric surgery. Add tofu or cheese to the pot to increase the protein and keep the recipe vegetarian.
– To avoid drinking any liquid with your meals, strain solids from chili OR drink liquids from the chili before eating the solids.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 16 oz vegetable broth
- 2% shredded cheddar cheese if desired
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot, add onions to saute.
- Add garlic and diced tomatoes to onions. Stir and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add black beans and kidney beans, chopped zucchini, squash, and bell peppers.
- Add tomato paste and chili seasoning packet. Stir all ingredients together.
- Pour vegetable broth into stock pot. Add just enough broth to reach top of vegetables. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Top with cheese to add more protein if desired.