I explore new foods and create recipes year round. Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of my new favorites. I am more creative with recipes during sports seasons…maybe because we have friends over more often and I want to try new things? Whatever the reason, I’m excited to share this new favorite with you!
I made this Buffalo Chicken Dip for a gathering this Sunday and it was a hit! The high protein, low carb nature of this recipe makes it great for post bariatric surgery or any weight loss plan.
I ate it with celery, but my husband and his carb loving friends opted for pita chips. It is versatile, flavorful, and easy— everything you need for a last minute party.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||3 hours|
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 8 oz greek yogurt cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Moore's Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- green onions if desired
- variety of raw veggies celery, cucumbers, bell peppers
- Add chicken breast, chicken broth, onion, and black pepper to slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set greek yogurt cream cheese out to soften for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to stand mixer and shred using the paddle attachment. OR shred with a fork if desired.
- Add softened cream cheese and buffalo sauce to shredded chicken. Stir to combine then transition to baking dish and top with bleu cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with green onions if desired. Serve hot with raw veggies (i.e. celery, cucumbers, or bell peppers).