As I’m writing this blog, I am sitting underneath an umbrella with a cool breeze in the air and a nice glass of sun tea in my hand. Not a worry in sight.
Aaannnddddd, now I’m back to reality. Thank you for going on that daydream with me. I’m craving a vacation in the salty, cool breezes of the beaches we visited last August. Alas, I will have to settle for the mist from my backyard sprinkler.
I gravitate toward the grill more and more often when the days get long. One of my favorites during this time of year is grilled asparagus.
Serve grilled asparagus alongside grilled pork chops.
I hope your daydreams will take you someplace where it is cool and all the meals are prepared for you.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Rinse asparagus and snip off the ends of the stalks that are discolored (purple in hue).
- Lay the asparagus on a foiled lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Once the grill is hot, slide the foil from the baking sheet straight onto the grill. Close the lid to the grill and let sit untouched for 2-3 minutes. Then open the lid and toss the asparagus with tongs. Let the asparagus continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus once they are bright green in color and still are slightly firm. If the asparagus is completely limp, you have cooked it too long.