Two eggs and a piece of bacon walk into a bar. The bartender says, “Sorry, we don’t serve breakfast here.”
Good thing this isn’t a bar because life without eggs and bacon would be a sad life, indeed. But this isn’t your traditional eggs and bacon breakfast. This crustless quiche is simple, but is something you could serve for brunch.
The beautiful simplicity of a crustless quiche will do well for any crowd. If you are feeding a crowd, pair it with some plain greek yogurt and berries in small bowl.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8 slices bacon or turkey bacon
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup 2% colby jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until crispy. Drain on paper towel covered plate and set aside for later use.
- Chop tomato.
- Finely chop red onion and green onions.
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add cottage cheese and sour cream to eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Drain all but 1 tbsp of the bacon drippings from the skillet. Add the tomatoes, red onion, green onion, and shredded red cabbage to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Crumble bacon into pieces and add to the skillet. Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Pour eggs into round baking dish, then top with bacon and veggie mixture.
- Top with 2% shredded colby jack cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let sit for few minutes. Slice and serve warm. Top with additional tomatoes and green onions if desired.