Memories of going wild mushroom hunting in the canyon on my grandma’s farm come rushing back every time I make sauteed mushrooms. Even though we have all of these warm fuzzy memories, I have a confession to make…I am not an adoring fan of mushrooms. But Mr. A loves them so I make them from time to time to appease his taste buds.
Sauteed mushrooms can be used in so many ways. One of the favorites in my house is to top steak with mushrooms or make mushroom burgers. And that is exactly what we did last week…grilled hamburgers with sauteed mushrooms. Here’s how you do it…
What is your favorite wait to eat sauteed mushrooms?
- 1 package whole mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parlsey chopped
- Wash whole mushrooms with cool water, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Slice them up and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Then add mushrooms, garlic, red wine, teriyaki sauce, fresh parsley, and black pepper to skillet. Cook and stir frequently until the mushrooms begin to brown (~4-5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for additional 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve over steak or grilled hamburger.