Sometimes it is easier to decide what to eat when you don’t have to worry about feeding others. Especially when you are trying to follow a diet plan. With this recipe for stuffed chicken burgers you are sure to keep your husband/wife/kids/friends/roommate/yourself happy and full!
Stuffed Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tsp lemon pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in saute pan. Add chopped onions to pan and saute until soft and opaque.
- Add cheese and seasonings to onion. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Form ground chicken into very thin patties. Scoop sauteed onion mixture onto one patty. Top with another patty and pinch sides closed.
- Grilled for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through (internal temp of 155 degrees).