So, I was watching Home Alone last night while wrapping Christmas presents and doing some holiday party cooking. Such a great movie! Do you remember that scene when he sits down at the table and gives thanks for his microwave mac and cheese? But then doesn’t even take a bite because the clock strikes 9 and the bad guys are coming? That kid has will power! Maybe I’ve watched this movie too many times…but that scene made me think of a favorite dish of mine that I haven’t cooked in ages. Baked Broccoli Chicken Alfredo. YUM. Keep reading, you’ll love this one!
Baked Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups broccoli
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow White Cheddar spread
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grill chicken in skillet over medium heat. Cook thoroughly, until 165 degrees internally (~6 minutes per side).
- Add broccoli to pot with 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer to 3-4 minutes. Drain water.
- Roughly chop both broccoli and chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- Add broccoli, chicken, cheese spread, and seasonings to bowl. Stir well.
- Spread chicken and broccoli mixture into 9x11 baking dish. Pour alfredo sauce over mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.