We are in the middle of fresh cranberry season. Those tart little wonders are like nature’s version of sour patch kids.
And what better way to incorporate them into Thanksgiving than in a salad? Alas, sauteed cranberry salad was born. So far we have bacon and goat cheese apples, roasted beets and pumpkin, and cornish hens. Add this to your menu and you will have yourself a delicious, low carb, and healthy Thanksgiving!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 4 tbsp Walden Farms raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add cranberries to a hot skillet with grapeseed oil. Stir with a wooden spoon often so berries will not burn or blacken.
- Remove the cranberries once they start to soften and crack down middle.
- Chop the butter lettuce into bite size pieces. Add feta crumbles, cranberries, chopped walnuts, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Toss ingredients together until well combined.
- Add dressing just before serving.