Crockpot meals are very popular in my house! I have 2 little girls, a full time career, a husband that’s in the US Navy…etc. So I understand that cooking at home can be a challenge, there’s never enough time in a day, and sometimes it’s easier to pick up fast food on the way.
BUT a little planning can go a long way and can change the health of your diet drastically. Cooking with my crockpot means dinner is ready when I get home, and that creates less stress and more time with my family in the evenings!
From my family to yours…Chris
Crockpot Southwest Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 packet taco seasoning 1 packet per pound of chicken
- 1 can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese shredded
- Combine chicken, onion, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken breast with fork. Then add beans and stir well. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Top with 2% cheese if desired.