TACO TUESDAY has been a staple in my house since I was a child! It is a quick, easy way to put dinner on the table so that you can spend the rest of your night relaxing with family. Taco salads are typically a go to in my house. However, I already have salads prepped for my lunches this week and did not want to eat a salad twice in one day. I was scrolling through Pinterest one day and came across this gem, https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/warm-taco-slaw/, and pinned it for this exact moment! I agree with the author of the post, the recipe is like your classic egg roll in a bowl recipe but with a delicious taco spin to it. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 bag broccoli slaw mix (or coleslaw mix)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 small can Black Olives
- cilantro, avocado, sour cream, green onion, jalapeno optional
- First, dice the veggies you are going to add to the recipe (onion, cilantro, avocado, fresh jalapenos etc).
- Brown the ground turkey meat for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chopped onion, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and broccoli slaw mix. Cook for about 5-10 minutes over medium heat (until slaw is as tender as you would like it).
- Stir in the black olives and top the recipe off with your favorite taco ingredients :).