Say that three times fast. Actually, it probably isn’t that hard, so don’t waste your time. While this recipe isn’t a mouth full to say, they are a mouth full. Bacon and goat cheese stuffed apples give so much flavor- you name it, it’s got it– it a tart, sweet, savory trifecta. Add it as a dessert option for your Thanksgiving Menu!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut apples in half and core using a melon baller.
- Continue to use the melon baller to partially hollow the apple center, creating space to add filling. Reserve apple chunks for later use.
- Lay the hollowed apples face up on a baking sheet.
- Combine the cinnamon & splenda (it's okay to add more or less of each depending on your taste preference) and generously sprinkle hollowed apples with the mixture.
- Dice apple chunks (from apple centers) and place in bowl.
- Chop pecans add to diced apple chunks.
- Add remaining cinnamon & splenda mixture and goat cheese to apples.
- Mix until well combined. Stuff hollowed apples with mixture.
- Cook bacon in microwave and chop into small pieces.
- Top stuffed apples with bacon pieces. Bake apples for 20-30 minutes or until apples are soft and cheese is bubbly.