The season of Lent for many people means a season of sacrifice. It also means meatless Fridays for a few months. However, no meat does not have to mean no protein. Try out this Baked Salmon with Yogurt Feta Sauce for a protein full “meatless” meal next Friday.
Baked Salmon and Yogurt Feta Sauce
I was so excited to see this recipe in my Food & Nutrition journal this month…the baked salmon fits in great with our goal of trying new recipes every week. Let me know what you think of it!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 4 salmon fillets skinless
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 5 oz low fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 tbsp parsley, and honey mustard in bowl, then brush onto salmon.
- Bake salmon for 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine plain greek yogurt, cucumber, feta cheese, 2 tbsp parsley, and 1 minced garlic clove.
- Serve yogurt sauce over baked salmon.