Here is another quick and easy weekday meal. You only need a few ingredients that you might already have! This recipe calls for a simple bruschetta that you could prep the night before or even a few hours ahead of time. This recipe is a great combination of flavors with fresh tomatoes and melted cheese with the chicken. This recipe was made by our intern, Natalie.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1.5 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 c red onion diced
- 1 T basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
- olive oil spray
- 1.5 oz low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion and place in a small bowl. Combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Wash and dice the tomatoes. Place in a separate medium sized bowl. Add garlic and basil to the bowl.
- Add the onion, balsamic, and oil mixture to the tomato mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F, top with bruschetta and mozzarella cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Bruschetta topping can be made in advanced and stored in fridge until ready to serve.