I love to use my slow cooker any time of year. But during the winter, I especially love it. After working all day, it is nice to soak up a few minutes of sunlight on a walk with my family before the sun sets. So having dinner ready to go in the slow cooker allows me to steal those minutes with them instead of standing in the kitchen.
One of our family favorites is Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. It is a no muss, no fuss kind of recipe. Just pile it all into the slow cooker and go about your day…no actual cooking required.
I hope you enjoy these chicken fajitas for a low carb, high protein slow cooker meal! What are some of your favorite slow cooker meals?
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
|Passive Time||6 hours|
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large orange/yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 can green chilies
- 1/2 habanero pepper diced, seeded, and membrane removed
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 pkt fajita seasoning
- shredded cheese if desired
- sour cream if desired
- shredded lettuce if desired
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Top with shredded lettuce, shredded cheese or 1 tbsp sour cream if desired.