I have never been to the Mediterranean but I sure do love their foods and spices. Mediterranean cuisine generally has a focus on veggies, poultry, seafood, beans, and healthy fats. In my book, these are all good things! I made a big batch of this mediterranean mozza-chicken on Sunday evening and have been eating it for lunch all week long. Let me tell you, I’m not sick of it yet!!
This meal is so easy to make in a bigger quantity so you can have lunches during the week. Mix up the lunch by adding different sides…use a side salad, cottage cheese, steamed sugar snap peas, carrots and hummus…the list goes on and on! Enjoy your visit into Mediterranean cuisine!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 8 pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- Place all marinade ingredients into large plastic bag and shake. Add chicken, shake again and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Place skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Let cook for 5-6 minutes, uncovered.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop/slice vegetables.
- Turn chicken using tongs, then add garlic, onion, and zucchini. Cover and let cook for another 5-7 minutes or until 165 degrees internally.
- Remove lid, add cherry tomatoes and pitted olives. Top with mozzarella cheese. Let cheese melt for about 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Serve hot.