Hi! I’m Elise and I am an intern working with the dietitians here at Weight Wise. I don’t know about you, but when I hear the words “turkey burger”, I sometimes think bland, boring, and unsatisfying for my taste buds. However, I recently came across this Caprese turkey burger recipe and – oh my goodness – it is delicious!! If you are tired of plain hamburger patties and need some flare for your taste buds, add this Caprese turkey burger to your weekly meal plan. You could even make smaller portions by turning these into Caprese turkey meatballs and freezing the leftovers for an easy meal later!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||16 minutes|
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh basil chopped, divided
- 1 package frozen spinach thawed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees.
- Rinse cherry tomatoes. Then combine cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss until tomatoes are thoroughly and evenly covered with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the tomatoes onto a foil-lined cookie sheet and place in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Chop fresh basil and set to the side.
- Place the thawed spinach in a colander and squeeze out the excess water. I used an avocado masher to do this, but you can use a spoon or spatula to remove excess water from the spinach.
- Combine ground turkey, half of chopped basil, and spinach and mix well, until ingredients are evenly combined.
- Form ground turkey mixture into burger patties. Turn on the grill and place caprese turkey burgers on grill, over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Slice up some fresh mozzarella, then layer your turkey burger, fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and fresh basil and enjoy.