Brrrrrrrr. Now I am not one to complain, and I typically really like the colder weather. However, I was not prepared for it to be below freezing this morning. I would be lying to each of you if I did not admit that I have been wearing fuzzy socks ALL day lol. This recipe is very similar to the Ground Turkey Stir Fry recipe that I posted a few months ago. I just changed up the veggies slightly and added some pesto to it. Pretty delicious if I do say so myself and VERY simple. Which is always a plus :).
Side note: Pesto has a higher fat content in comparison to other sauces (ex. marinara). Make sure that you are mindful of your healthy fat consumption whenever you plan on making this to ensure that you do not consume to many fats that day.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 Zucchinis sliced
- 1 cup yellow and cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- oregano, salt, and pepper for taste
- Brown your ground turkey. While the turkey is browning, slice up your veggies.
- Add the veggies and seasoning to the ground turkey. Cook for about 10 minutes, until zucchini is soft but not mushy.
- Stir in the pesto and enjoy :).