Tacos can be funny….
Tacos can be delicious…
And tacos can be easy. I have several “go to” meals that I use when I’m in a time crunch or an “I don’t want to cook tonight” crunch. A taco salad is one of them. Give it 15 minutes and a few skillets and you are set with a great dinner.
Plus, you have a built in joke next time you make dinner…people will taco bout it for days!
You will have a tasty dinner that is ready in no time- you will nacho what hit you!
**Further puns not included in recipe.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- jalapenos if desired
- salsa if desired
- plain greek yogurt if desired
- Slice bell peppers and onions into thin strips. Mince garlic.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat then add bell peppers, onions, and minced garlic. Add chopped fresh cilantro. Saute until veggies are soft then remove from skillet.
- Add lean ground beef to heated skillet with packet of taco seasoning. Brown and stir occasionally until meat is cooked through.
- Chop romaine lettuce and slice avocado.
- Layer romaine lettuce, browned meat, sauteed veggies, and avocado slice on a plate. Top with salsa, plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and jalapenos if desired.