Deviled eggs are a family favorite during holidays or summer months when we cook out. We have our favorite traditional recipe of course. But who doesn’t want a little variety every now and then?
When making deviled eggs, the main goal is to incorporate a little fat and some acid into the yolks. Traditionally this comes from mayonnaise, miracle whip, etc for the fat and a splash of vinegar for the acid. This recipe will mix up the healthy fat option by using avocado. The acid will come from lime juice.
Avocado deviled eggs are great substitute and will provide that bit of variety your gathering needs!
- 12 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/8 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- paprika if desired
- cilantro if desired
- Place eggs in large sauce pan and cover with water. Bring water to boil, then cover and turn off heat completely.
- Leave eggs covered for 10 minutes. Then rinse with cool water and peel.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolk to separate bowl and place whites on a tray.
- Mix yolks with avocado, yogurt, lime and salt.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites. Garnish with paprika or fresh minced cilantro.