If you are a banana pepper lover like I am, then this recipe is for you! Banana peppers provide meals with a slight tang and peppery kick that I LOVE! I even put them in my salads and lettuce wraps for some extra flavor. If you have ever made a Mississippi roast, this is very similar. I prefer to bake mine rather than placing it in a crockpot. Baking the chicken does not take away from the simple and ease of using a crockpot. This recipe took about 10 minutes top to throw together and may become one of your families staples. 🙂
- 1 pound chicken breast butterflied
- 4-8 ounces banana peppers depending on preference
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning dry mix
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced fat shredded cheese (parmesan, cheddar, or mozzarella)
- Butterfly your chicken. Place chicken in a lightly greased (olive oil) pan and top the chicken with the ranch seasoning packet.
- Place the banana peppers and shredded cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.