Cheesecake stuffed strawberries have been around for YEARS. Pretty sure a parent brought them to my high school one year, and I have been in LOVE with them since. This recipe is a lower carb/sugar version that is bariatric friendly, and can especially be utilized during the holidays. It’s simple, easy, and a crowd pleasure for sure!
Disclaimer: if you are not at your goal weight just yet, avoid fruit until you are due to the natural sugars found in fruit being known to slow down weight loss.
- 1 container medium-large strawberries sliced in half
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup Swerve or another sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- blueberries and/or nuts if desired
- Cut the strawberries in half. Cut out JUST the middle of the strawberry, so you can still stuff them after.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese until it is smooth. Add in the vanilla, Swerve, and lemon juice. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- If you have a piping bag, add the cheesecake mixture to it. OR you can place it in a large Ziploc bag and cut off the corner.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture into each halved strawberry. Top with blueberries or shaved almonds. Refrigerate until ready to eat and enjoy!